Europe is a wide continent with various climates, beautiful landscapes, mountain ranges, beaches and historical monuments. There is so much to choose from that it is often difficult to decide where to go. We come with help, with our list of top places to visit in Europe this summer, based on the maps created by the users of YouMap. Do you want to find the ideal destination for your vacation? Then read on!
The best cities to visit in Europe this summer
What are the most beautiful and most visited cities in Europe? Here is our list of the top places to travel to!
Krakow is a historic city in Poland which will appeal both to historical architecture lovers and those who prefer parks and love nature. Numerous magnificent temples, parks, cafés, rich nightlife and places to bathe and swim are what makes Krakow one of the most visited cities in Europe.
What to see in Krakow:
- The Podgorze Market Square (Rynek Podgórski) – The main attraction of this square are many wonderful historical buildings, dating back to the 18th century – a daisy for architecture enthusiasts.
- The Vistula Boulevards – The beautiful boulevards stretching through the city are a wonderful place for a picnic or a bike tour. If you love nature, that’s definitely a place to see.
- Lebanon Quarry – This deep and wide ex-quarry will stun you with its beauty. High cliffs combined with dense treeline make up a breathtaking view. It’s worth to mention that this is the place where Steven Spielberg shot scenes for “Schindler’s List”
- The Aviation Museum – One of the oldest museums in the world, the Aviation Museum will be a fun attraction for vacations with kids, since both adults and children will find it entertaining.
Want to fall in love with Krakow more? Check out and map your trip like this YouMapper!
We don’t have to introduce the capital of Great Britain – landmarks such as Big Ben have entered worldwide culture permanently. Thus, it should not be surprising that London is on our list of the top places to visit in Europe.
What to see in London:
- The St. Paul’s Cathedral – Being the second-largest cathedral in the UK, the St. Paul’s Cathedral will leave you awestruck. Don’t resolve just to see it from the outside – the interior is even more magnificent.
- The British Museum – One of the most well-known museums in the world, the British Museum has a variety of exhibitions displaying historical relics from numerous countries. You mustn’t miss it while visiting London.
- The Tower Bridge – This suspension bridge built in the 19th century is an architectural gem. It is here where the 2012 London Olympics Rings were hung – this is a landmark that you need to see with your own eyes.
Got only 24 hours to tour London? Check out this trip recommendation mapped by this YouMapper to make the most of your day!
This adorable town in Portugal is a lovely place to relax and swim. Thus, we believe it deserves a place on the list of top places to visit in Europe.
What you should see in Faro:
- The beaches – Faro is known for its beautiful beaches, one of the most enchanting ones in the whole Portugal.
- The Ria Formosa Lagoon – One of Portugal’s seven natural wonders, this system of lagoons is a beautiful place to visit. Birdwatchers love it, since there are lots of different bird species living there.
When on your trip, map your memories! Maybe this YouMapper’s trip diary can inspire you.
The Catalan capital is on many lists of top travel destinations. If you desire to combine sightseeing with sunbathing, then Barcelona is the best place for you to visit in Europe.
What to see in Barcelona:
- La Sagrada Família – This temple is the landmark of Barcelona. Don’t even think about not seeing it.
- The Picasso Museum – Study the early works of the famous Pablo Picasso. The high point of any art lover’s tour.
- The beaches – The beaches in Barcelona have a lot to offer: from sunbathing to water sports. Combine this with the delicious Spanish food and you get a wonderful vacation!
With so much to see, do, and taste in Barcelona, making a travel map like this can really help you relive your trip memories.
You might also like to read: Top summer vacation destinations in Europe to go with your friends!