With an impressive time of 2 hours 31 minutes spent daily on social media by an average person (globally), social media have become one of the most important marketing channels. Whether it’s B2B or B2C does not matter – having a powerful, effective social media marketing strategy plan is not optional if you desire to achieve success. In this article, we will focus on one particular aspect of such tactics – lead generation. How to generate leads through social media? Find out below!
What Is Social Media Lead Generation?
While running your social media accounts as a part of your online marketing strategy, you gather information about the users. But, not every piece of data may be followed. Social media lead generation refers to acquiring information which may be used to pursue sales.
How to Generate Leads from Social Media: The Best Social Media Lead Generation Strategies
There are numerous actions that you may undertake to generate leads from your social media accounts. Yet, for them to be effective, you have to be aware of what you are doing. The social media lead generation strategies include:
- Optimizing your pages – Users won’t just stumble across your profile and drop their email addresses asking you to contact them – you have to attract them first. For this, you need two elements:
- Clear contact info – Your email address, a link to the contact page on your website, or a phone number – these elements need to be visible and easily accessible by the users.
- Call to actions – You’ve got your contact info sorted, now it’s time to encourage the users to actually reach out to you. For this, you need to include call-to-actions (CTAs) in your content – phrases that encourage your followers to make a specific kind of effort – in this case, contact your business.
- Creating engaging content – Content is king, we don’t doubt that. If you wish for your audience to actively participate in discussions, contests and to leave their contact info or approach you about your products/services, the content on your social media must be interesting and valuable.
- Utilizing visuals – With the average attention span constantly shrinking, writing pages-long articles is no longer the solution. Instead, your social media lead generation strategies should include a lot of visual materials: photos, videos, infographics or reels.
How to Generate Business Leads through Social Media?
Social media B2B lead generation strategies are quite similar and a bit different at the same time, when compared to the B2C ones. What are the best practices in this case? Here are some of our tips:
- Follow target accounts – If you created marketing personas for your B2C clients, you probably also built a profile of the businesses you target with your B2B offer. Furthermore, you might have analyzed the potential organizations that you want to approach. In such a case, follow their social media pages and engage in discussions that overlap with your business’s area of knowledge.
- Create expert content – We’ve mentioned creating engaging content before, but with social media B2B lead generation strategies, the expectations are a bit different. You don’t want to only provide the audience with useful information in a pleasurable form – you should aim at underlining that your team are experts in the field. This will make it more likely for B2B clients to contact you.
Since now, you know how to generate leads from social media, it is time to proceed with putting this information into practice. Remember, a lead often does not equal a sale, and the other processes in the sales funnel are as important as lead generation itself.
We’ve mentioned creating engaging content, but do you know how to attract the attention of your audience and incentivize them to express their opinions? If not, read our article on the best community engagement strategies.