The summer is coming to an end, it’s the final call to plan your vacations with kids, and you need to prepare them for the return to school. Being in the summer mood, it’s no easy task – you can easily miss something important. We want to help you with that – here are some tips and a checklist to get your children prepared for the 2023 back-to-school.
The back-to-school shopping checklist
A new school year is always marked by one thing – shopping. You need to equip your children with all the supplies they need – notebooks, pens, gym bags. There are so many items to buy that it is quite easy to forget about some. But, don’t worry – just take a look at our back-to-school checklist. With it, you will buy everything you need!
|[ ] Uniforms
|[ ] Gym Bag
|[ ] Notebooks
|[ ] Pens
|[ ] Drink Bottle
|[ ] Comfortable Shoes
|[ ] Book Bag
|[ ] Name Labels
|[ ] Pencils
|[ ] Lunch Bag/ Box
|[ ] Gym Apparels
|[ ] School Bag
|[ ] Folders
|[ ] Basic Art Supplies
|[ ] Calendar
Our back-to-school guide – some tips to help you get ready
Apart from the back-to-school shopping list, we have some tips that will help you prepare your children for the school year. Some small changes in the everyday routine can really do wonders – here is what we recommend:
- Establish a sleep schedule – Vacations are the time for staying late, so it might be difficult for your little ones to get up early when the school year starts. Our back-to-school tip here is: to reestablish the sleeping schedule one week in advance. This way, your kids will be perfectly rested and ready for the challenges in their new grades.
- Plan the route – If your children have just changed schools, or they are about to start it, plan the best possible route to get them there. There’s nothing more discouraging than having to get up 2 hours before the classes start, just because it takes too much time to commute. How to avoid that? Use our social mapping app – YouMap. In it, you can carefully plan your route in the form of a map and even include stops at the café to grab your morning coffee. It will also be helpful if you and your friends take turns to drive the kids – you’ll plan the most efficient way to do that.
- Encourage independence – You don’t want to pack your children every evening, do you? Use the remaining time before the 2023 back-to-school to teach your kids how to do it on their own and to check whether they are able to handle it themselves. It will save you a lot of time during the school year, and make them feel more mature.
- Limit screen time – While this might be quite a bone of contention, you should try to limit your children’s screen time. The unnatural blue light generated by screens can majorly affect the quality of your children’s sleep, plus playing video games or scrolling social media is often the reason why they stay up late. Don’t get too drastic and focus mostly on the evening hours.
- Celebrate the 2023 back-to-school – Usually, your children will see going back to school as something unpleasant. After all, they won’t have as much free time as they did during the vacations, and you introduce many restrictions. There is, however, a way to make it easier and more pleasurable for them – to organize a celebration. Take your kids to their favorite restaurant and make the day special.
So, are you and your children ready for the 2023 back-to-school? If not, they will surely be if you use the tips that we gave you! Prepare your children for the upcoming school year earlier, to ensure that they will make the best of their education!
And, since back-to-school is the time for something new, why don’t you start running? Don’t know how? Then read our article on how to start running and stick to it!