Can you already feel the Christmas spirit in the air? The festive season is all about love, kindness, family time and good deeds. For fundraisers, it’s a particularly active time when they come up with creative and effective charity ideas, supposed to encourage people to be more generous. What are the most unique and noteworthy charities for Christmas?
Table of contents
What’s the so-called Giving Season?
The Giving Season is the time of year when people are more likely to donate to charities. This period typically starts around Thanksgiving and lasts until the end of the year. For many nonprofits, the Giving Season is the most important time of year, when they receive the majority of their donations.
During the Giving Season, people are reminded of those who are less fortunate, which makes them more generous. This is a great time for charities to come up with creative Christmas charity ideas to encourage people to donate.
Top 6 Christmas charity ideas
Looking for unique charity ideas for Christmas? Think about:
- organizing a gift wrapping party – many of us love the festive season and can’t wait to wrap the gifts bought for their beloved ones. However, it’s not a rule. There are people who don’t have time or artistic and creative skills to pack the presents. Frequently, they’re willing to pay someone else for doing it. Therefore, organizing a gift wrapping service and finding several volunteers who will come and pack the presents for free is a great way to collect some money and donate it to Christmas charities for low income families.
- collecting donations in exchange for Christmas carols – this is a great way to spread the holiday spirit and collect money for a good cause at the same time. Find a group of volunteers who love to sing and go from door to door in your neighborhood, singing traditional Christmas carols. People usually donate generously, knowing that their money will go to those in need.
- setting up a Christmas market with homemade decorations – looking for an easy Christmas charity opportunity to get the community involved? Ask your neighbors to donate some of their handmade Christmas decorations and organize a market to sell them. The money collected can be donated to an organization of your choice.
- collecting donations for a food bank – during the festive season, many people are struggling to put food on the table. This is a great time to collect donations for a food bank. You can set up a donation box in your neighborhood or organize a special food drive.
- preparing and selling Christmas cookies – a classic Christmas charity idea that never gets old. You can either bake the cookies yourselves or ask your friends and neighbors to contribute if you don’t have sufficient culinary skills or time. Once you have a good supply of cookies, set up a stall in front of a local supermarket or in a busy shopping area and try to find buyers.
- organizing decorating competitions – this is a great way to engage the community. Collect donations from local businesses and use the money to buy prizes for the winners of the contests. Let people know that they can donate money or their old Christmas decorations that will be given to families in need.
These are only a few ideas for Christmas charity. There are many other ways to get involved and help those in need during the festive season. Whatever you do, make sure you choose a cause that is close to your heart.
Need more inspiration? Or maybe you want to promote your fundraising activity? Download the social mapping app and reach people in your area!