Are you looking for the best vegan travel destinations? Thanks to the growing awareness and emergence of new business, it’s possible to explore the world while keeping your vegan lifestyle intact. Whether you’re a vegan who loves to travel or a traveler who is looking to explore vegan places, in this article you’ll find the best vegan travel destinations around the world.
Why is it worth going vegan?
Starting a vegan diet offers numerous health benefits. It has been linked to a lower risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes, some forms of cancer, and improved weight management.
A vegan diet also tends to be higher in fiber, antioxidants, and beneficial plant compounds. Apart from that, going vegan can help you reduce your environmental impact due to the fact that animal agriculture is responsible for a large portion of greenhouse gas emissions.
The world abounds in vegan-friendly vacation destinations. What locations should you put on your bucket list?
10 best places for vegans to travel
When talking about the best vegan travel destinations, it’s crucial to mention:
- Berlin, Germany – Berlin is known for its vibrant vegan scene with over 350 vegan or vegetarian options. It boasts a variety of vegan eateries and even supermarkets!
- Chiang Mai, Thailand – it’s a vegan paradise with many delicious and affordable vegan restaurants. You can also enjoy a variety of vegan-friendly activities such as yoga and cooking classes
- Portland, Oregon – Portland is considered to be one of the most vegan friendly vacation destinations in the USA. It offers an abundance of vegan restaurants, grocery stores, and bakeries. Being there, you can enjoy farmer’s markets and vegan-friendly events or festivals such as the annual VegFest, Portland’s largest vegan event.
- Los Angeles, California – in LA, you can find a wide range of top vegan travel destinations and restaurants, including Nic’s on Beverly, Café Gratitude, Crossroads, Margo’s and many more. So, if you’re planning a trip to this city, it’s definitely worth checking out these vegan spots.
- London, England – the capital of the UK is home to the world’s largest vegan food market, as well as vegan cafes, restaurants, and bakeries. From vegan junk food to fine dining, this city offers something for everyone. While in London, be sure to spoil your taste buds at Holy Carrot, Aun, All Nations Vegan House, or Gauthier.
- Tel Aviv, Israel – Tel Aviv is often called the vegan capital of the world. There are more than 400 vegan eateries in the city, including delicious vegan falafel spots.
- Bali, Indonesia – is there anyone who wouldn’t like to relax on stunning local beaches? Apart from lush jungles, and vibrant culture, Bali is also one of the best vegan travel destinations, with an abundance of vegan-friendly restaurants and cafes, like Kynd Community, Banana Leaf Cafe and Alchemy Bali.
- Barcelona, Spain – Barcelona is a paradise for vegans, with many exclusively vegan restaurants and eateries, such as CactusCat Bar, Blu Bar, Eqvilibrivm Cafe, or Santa Vegana.
- Warsaw, Poland – Warsaw definitely deserves a place among the top vegan travel destinations, restaurants, cafes, and bakeries. Here, you can enjoy delicious vegan burgers, sandwiches, and bowls at places like Vege Miasto, Krowarzywa, or Lokal Vegan Bistro. Moreover, sushi lovers can also enjoy vegan options at Edamame Vegan Sushi.
- Sydney, Australia – last but not least, Sydney is one of the best places for vegans to travel. It offers numerous restaurants and even vegan grocery stores. Some of the most popular places include Lonely Mouth, Gigi Pizzeria, The Green Lion, or Bad Hombres.
With so many vegan-friendly vacation destinations around the world, you can easily find a place that fits your interests and budget. Make sure to use YouMap and check out the best vegan travel destinations mentioned above and enjoy your vegan journey!